Why Do People Change Their Kitchen Design?
As well as preparing and storing food, our kitchens serve as a place to entertain, work, socialise, and spend quality time with our family. With such frequent usage, it’s important that our kitchens are a reflection of our unique style, needs, and preferences. Some of the main reasons why people change their kitchen design include:
- Buying or selling a house
- Improvement renovations
- Change in living requirements
Does Kitchen Design Matter When Selling a House?
Yes. When it comes to selling your house, kitchen design can positively or negatively influence potential buyers and the resulting market value. An outdated, worn-out kitchen can deter a buyer from your home because it signifies the impending need for renovations. With the significant expense of purchasing a house, most buyers would like to be able to simply move in without needing to do work on their new house.
While every buyer has different preferences, popular design factors include:
- Space & Layout | Even if you have a relatively small area to work with, the right kitchen design for the space can create a spacious, open feel to your kitchen.
- Storage | There’s nothing worse than cluttered benchtops and insufficient storage – buyers want to know that their new kitchen has enough space for their needs.
- Lighting | Day or night, lighting sets the mood in your kitchen. Buyers are looking for plenty of natural light during the day to bring warmth and cheerfulness to a kitchen.
Are People Happier When They Have a Kitchen Design They Love?
As human beings, we tend to avoid things, places, and experiences we dislike. The same goes for your kitchen. If you don’t like your kitchen, it stands to reason that you will avoid being in it. This might mean you are reluctant to cook, or that you eat a lot of takeout! However, did you know that having a kitchen design you love can make you happier and healthier?
In a 2011 study on the psychological benefits of cooking, findings suggested that cooking as a hobby can have a positive effect on a person’s wellbeing. What’s more, research on the association between home-cooked meals and diet showed that people who frequently cooked at home were more likely to consume a healthier diet.
Some more benefits of a great kitchen include better:
- Use of space
Will a Fresh Kitchen Design Help Me Settle in to My New Home?
An essential part of moving into a new house is to make it feel like home. A kitchen that meets your personal style and preferences will help you to settle more comfortably into the space.
“The kitchen is the heart of the home.”
This common expression reflects the importance of a kitchen within your household. The kitchen is where we:
- Socialise with friends
- Enjoy quality time with family during meals
- Spend countless hours preparing and eating food
- And so much more…
Is Changing My Kitchen Design Practical?
Many people face changes in their life situation and circumstance that prompts them to renovate their kitchen design. For example:
- A growing family
- Injury or impairment
- Physical disability
- Getting older
Whether your family is expanding, or you’re no longer as physically able to do certain things, updating your kitchen can be a practical and necessary decision. For anyone with a physical impairment, a badly designed kitchen can be difficult and frustrating to navigate. Particularly when it comes to:
- Cleaning difficult-to-reach areas
- Access to storage
- Ease of movement (such as wheelchairs, walkers, and so forth)
How Can I Get My Dream Kitchen Design?
If you feel like it’s the perfect time to breathe new life into your kitchen, Express Kitchens Brisbane can help turn your dream kitchen into reality. We work with you to design a kitchen that makes optimal use of space and satisfies your individual needs and requirements. Our services include:
- A free consultation
- 3D Custom kitchen design
- 1-Day kitchen installations
- Interest-free finance available
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR CUSTOM DESIGNED KITCHENS