Want a Functional Kitchen this Year?
If you’re struggling to prepare meals in your kitchen without going troppo, this may be because your kitchen lacks functionality. One simple way to enhance your kitchen’s functionality and make meal prep easier is to install new custom-designed kitchen cabinets.
In this article we take a look at:
- Making Meal Prep Easier
- The Simple Solution; and
- Custom Kitchen Cabinets Costs
Why Custom Kitchen Cabinets Make Meal Prep Easier
You might be so used to your dysfunctional kitchen cabinetry, you are no longer aware of the problems it causes you. However, the number, size, shape and placement of your kitchen cabinets can have a big impact on how easy it is to use your kitchen and to prep meals.
Below we’ve listed common problems encountered with kitchen cabinetry. You may recognise some of these from you own kitchen:
- Insufficient cabinet storage space – this is a common problem, resulting in cabinets ending up so cluttered that you simply don’t dare enter them. Sure you have a casserole dish but it’s waaaay in back there, jammed behind everything else making a casserole off the menu!
- Tiny cabinetry – particularly if you have an older kitchen, you may suffer from a surfeit of pokey little cabinets which can’t easily fit larger items like four-slot toasters, large baking dishes, slow cookers etc. This means you’re forced to store these items on your benchtops, clogging up vital food prep space and turning cooking time into a game of Tetris!
- Insufficient mid-level cabinetry space to store large, heavy items – this means you potentially have to crouch down to extract heavy serving platters, pans, or electrical items or, you’re dealing with the weight of heavy items above shoulder height.
- Poorly placed kitchen cabinets – if every time your someone is stacking the dishwasher, you can’t access a vital kitchen cabinet, that fits the definition of a poorly placed cabinet! If there aren’t any kitchen cabinets located above and around your main food prep area, so you can easily access common ingredients and frequently used kitchen items, again that’s a sign your cabinets were poorly placed.
The Solution is Simple
Custom kitchen cabinet design and installation can alleviate all the problems listed above, returning your kitchen to functionality and making food prep that much easier.
At Express Kitchens you have access to a free in-home 3-D design session and consult. This session gives you the chance to really think about how to lay-out your cabinets and about what size cabinets will work best in different spaces. Our experienced kitchen designer will also be able to offer you their expert advice, based on how you use your kitchen and the amount of storage space required to meet your needs.
If you need new kitchen cabinets anywhere in Brisbane, or surrounds, we recommend you put thought into the decision and make use of 3D technology, as this can make a big difference to how happy you are with the end result.
Once you’ve got your new cabinets, there are plenty of fantastic tips online to make the most of the space.
How Much Should Custom Kitchen Cabinets Cost?
Your new custom kitchen cabinets should not cost you an arm and a leg, however prices can vary extensively across the industry.
At Express Kitchens we offer a consistently affordable product for kitchen cabinets throughout Brisbane and the surrounding suburbs.
How do we do this without compromising quality? The answer is efficiency. We’ve developed an incredibly streamlined one-day complete new kitchen install process for smaller / medium style kitchens with a basic layout. If you’re just after new cabinets, it won’t even take us a whole day. Our team works like a well-oiled machine to get your job done effectively, meaning you’re not spending a dollar more than you have to on labour.
We are also pleased to partner with Skye Finance to offer our customers an interest free finance option, if required.
BOOK A FREE IN-HOME CONSULT TODAY
FREECALL 1800 675 605 OR CONTACT US ONLINE